Old 16-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Iris Cohen

Default indoor lighting and bonsai

Sadlly to say my juniper from target is pretty brown and dead, BRBR
I was wondering if there is an indoor lighting solution for junipers?
BRBR

Lighting is not the issue. Don't try to keep a juniper indoors. It must have a
cold dormant period every winter.

my trident is doing very well. BRBR

Don't try to keep that indoors either. It needs to go outdoors for the summer
in part shade, and also get a cold dormant period next winter.

im thinking about ordering a Juniper chinensis soon, but its too cold to be
outside and eventually it
will be too hot to keep outside. BRBR

Where do you live? Most cultivars of J. chinensis are quite cold-hardy (but
need some winter protection as bonsai), and summer will not be too hot to keep
it outdoors unless you live in the Sahara.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)