Old 06-02-2003, 04:34 PM
K Barrett

Default burnt leaves

Cosmetically speaking, no they don't recover. The leaves stay burned until
they eventually age and fall off. Speaking of the flowers and/or the general
health of teh plant, they go on to produce new pseudobulbs and flower as
before, given that you can provide the proper culture after the event. I've
neglected mine for years and amazingly they still produce spikes. Not great
ones, but spikes.

K Barrett

"Mark & Jenny Brodie" wrote in message
u...
I'm having a similar problem to previous postees. We live in Sydney,
Australia (in the middle of a drought) and after a particularly hot day

half
our cymbidiums leaves have got burnt. Some of the plants nearly had all
leaves burnt. Do the plants recover from this sort of treatment??
Jenny