Old 17-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Everett B. Simonds

Default Help - Trying Orchids Again

I've tried Orchids several times in the past with limited success. I
could keep them alive, but I never could get them to bloom. I decided
to give up on them until I had room for a greenhouse. I don't have a
greenhouse yet, but my wife presented me with a purple and white
phalaenopsis on Valentine's day.

There was no tag on it, but it's in real good condition. Nice heavy
foliage, good roots and wonderful blooms.

Right now I have it sitting on a table a couple of feet from a north
window.

My questions a

1. How do you more experienced growers water and/or fertilze your
phalaenopsis.

2. How do provide proper humidity?

3. Should I have it facing a diferent direction?

4. Anything else I should know?

I am determined not to let this one waste away.

Thanks.

EBS