Old 17-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Frank

Default Can I grow orchid Cymbidium in an office without window?

Dear Experts,

I just bought a 6" orchid cymbidium in HD. It looks lovely with 3
stalks of buds! I put it in my office on top of the pebble tray. I
guess this takes care of the humidity issue. My office temperature is
constant at 65F but I can adjust if necessary. My office does not have
a window but I will have the lights on for about 10 hours for
weekdays. I plan to feed it with MicroGro Azalea Camellia... food
every other week, 1 tsp per gallon concentration.

Are all the above humidity + temperature + light + feed condition good
enough for cymbidium to happily flower in my office? This is my first
year to gardening. Very anxious and excited!

Thanks for any advice!

Tiff