Old 17-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Kevin

Default want to grow new tree/plants from cuttings of mature ones

hi there!

Writing from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I've sold my house and will be moving out this weekend. I want to take
some branches from fruit trees (apple, cherry, pear) and red roses
that are about 25 years old.

Is it possible to grow anything from these branches and how would I go
about it transporting them/cultivating them despite this cold weather.
We're in the middle of winter right now, but this week in particular
is going to be hovering ever closer to the + side.

I was thinking of doing some cuttings and then wrapping the cut ends
with soaked paper towels and putting them in a plastic bag. Then
transfer them to a pot with soil and cultivating them indoors (of
course).