Old 18-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Katra

Default Grapes

Put up a hotwire or two. Seriously.
It's a cheap and guaranteed solution.

K.

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

Speaking of grapes, I planted Thompson's seedless grape from Home Depot.
I have deer frequenting our backyard and a couple of fearless squirrels.
Will I ever be able to enjoy grapes, or did I just do deer and squirrels a
big favor?

"B-0b1" wrote in message
see below

Red wrote:

Need some help with a grape question.

My niece wants to have some of the grapes that are growing on the old
homestead and move them to her home. She is in the Boston area, the

grape
vines are in MN.

Can you bareroot them or pack them in peat or other moss and ship them

that
way, or would cuttings survive and be viable if they were packaged in a
moist medium? Never did any rooting of grapes, do they root easily or

not?

Thanks,

Grapes transplant easily...Bare root or wrapped (better) and will grow
well...especially
if fertilized heavily! Usually within 2 yrs a nice crop will grace

your
fenceline..LOL! B-0b1

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,