Old 17-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Red

Default Grapes

Need some help with a grape question.

My niece wants to have some of the grapes that are growing on the old
homestead and move them to her home. She is in the Boston area, the grape
vines are in MN.

Can you bareroot them or pack them in peat or other moss and ship them that
way, or would cuttings survive and be viable if they were packaged in a
moist medium? Never did any rooting of grapes, do they root easily or not?

Thanks,

Old 17-02-2004, 08:38 PM
B-0b1

see below

Red wrote:

Need some help with a grape question.

My niece wants to have some of the grapes that are growing on the old
homestead and move them to her home. She is in the Boston area, the grape
vines are in MN.

Can you bareroot them or pack them in peat or other moss and ship them that
way, or would cuttings survive and be viable if they were packaged in a
moist medium? Never did any rooting of grapes, do they root easily or not?

Thanks,

Grapes transplant easily...Bare root or wrapped (better) and will grow
well...especially
if fertilized heavily! Usually within 2 yrs a nice crop will grace your
fenceline..LOL! B-0b1

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

Old 18-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Jay Casey

Speaking of grapes, I planted Thompson's seedless grape from Home Depot.
I have deer frequenting our backyard and a couple of fearless squirrels.
Will I ever be able to enjoy grapes, or did I just do deer and squirrels a
big favor?

"B-0b1" wrote in message
see below

Old 18-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Katra

Put up a hotwire or two. Seriously.
It's a cheap and guaranteed solution.

K.

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

Speaking of grapes, I planted Thompson's seedless grape from Home Depot.
I have deer frequenting our backyard and a couple of fearless squirrels.
Will I ever be able to enjoy grapes, or did I just do deer and squirrels a
big favor?

"B-0b1" wrote in message
see below

Red wrote:

[...]

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,

Old 20-02-2004, 06:09 AM
Jay Casey

Hotwire?
You mean electric wires?
Is it legal?
Is it safe? I have small children.
Where can I find out about it (or get it)?

"Jay Casey" wrote:

Speaking of grapes, I planted Thompson's seedless grape from Home Depot.
I have deer frequenting our backyard and a couple of fearless squirrels.
Will I ever be able to enjoy grapes, or did I just do deer and squirrels

big favor?

"B-0b1" wrote in message
see below

Red wrote:

[...]

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ude=0&user id
=katra

Old 20-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

Hotwire?
You mean electric wires?
Is it legal?
Is it safe? I have small children.
Where can I find out about it (or get it)?

Any home store...
Lowe's, Home Depot, I got mine at tractor supply.

And yes, it's legal as long as you post them well with the signs that
come with the kit!

Warn your children. I guarantee you that they will only touch them once
or twice if they refuse to listen.

I know that sounds awful, but hot wires are not deadly. Just a good
deterrent.

I had a neighbor that had to string some to keep his rottweilers in the
yard. His 2 year old son did get zapped twice, but that was it. He
learned not to touch them and the wire just stings. It is high voltage
but low in Amperage so it does not kill. Just smarts.

It is an excellent deer deterrent. About the only thing that does work,
and it's cheap.

K.

Old 20-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

[...]

more grapes vs better grapes [email protected][_2_] Gardening 4 08-07-2013 01:10 AM
Concord Grapes Gardening 0 11-04-2003 11:20 AM
Concord Grapes Warren Gardening 0 04-04-2003 06:08 PM
Seedless grapes David Hershey Plant Science 9 05-03-2003 01:27 AM
Grapes In Miami Dwayne Edible Gardening 1 21-02-2003 11:03 AM