Old 18-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Bob Walsh

Default Phal Problems update

Steve,

I replied toward the end of your last thread (in August) with a problem I
had from a fungus.

My problems reduced greatly when I repotted the affected plants. Prior to
putting the plants in the new mix I dipped them in Phyton. Spraying had been
ineffective.

After seeing your new pictures I suspect that maybe the fungus may be
affecting my Phals as well. Many of my Phals have leaves that look like
those you just posted. I wonder if the fungus may affect the thicker
harder leaves differently than the thinner softer leaves of Miltoniopsis and
others which the fungus went through like wildfire.

I'll soon be unpotting, dipping in phyton, and repotting my affected Phals.

Bob