Old 18-02-2004, 04:42 PM
K Barrett

Default Phal Problems update

I sent it to Ed, so we'll see what he says too. The OGD had 2 responses,
along the mites/microfungus line. Did you see them?

Nice to know that you are not alone.

Kath

"Steve" wrote in message

K Barrett wrote:
...........You ever show them to Marilyn or Ed?.......................

Marilyn looked at that new web site today and has sent a reply.
She feels that she recognizes it as the disease people are calling
microfungus. I trust that she would not object to me copying a tiny
part of her reply he

"There are a range of fungicidal agents suggested for control of the
'microfungus' but"........................ "Given that no one has
identified the causative agent, it is difficult to know which
product, if any, will control the problem."

In my original e-mail to her, I said that I should probably pay the
rather large fee to Cornell to have a leaf tested. I expressed my
fear that they would not find the actual fungus (or what ever)
causing the problem but might find some secondary organism and blame
the disease on it. Judging from what she wrote (above) I see no
point in sending in a leaf. If others haven't found what causes it,
why should I think they could find it for me?

I'll follow up on your other leads, right now. Thanks!

Steve