Old 18-02-2004, 06:33 PM
les

Default Cordyline Red Star - Frost Damage

Last summer I planted a Cordyline Red Star. As I live in the North East I
was concerned about frost damage so in October I tied up the leaves.
Whenever a frost was forecast I religiously covered the plant with a plant
cosy. Last week I decided to untie the plant and found that nearly all of
the leaves have been destroyed by the frost. I have noticed that other
similar plants in the area which have been left to the elements are
relatively undamaged.

Where have I gone wrong? Should I not have tied up the leaves? Would it have
been better just to have left it unprotected? Afterall this has been a
comparitavely mild winter. Any advice would be appreciated.

Les