Old 18-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Kenni Judd

Default How much is too much?

Molli: As long as the plant looks healthy and happy, let it go if you want
to. But keep an eye on it, and at the first sign of stress ...

Also, please feed it regularly. As I already mentioned in a previous
thread, there seems to be a rumor out there that orchids should not be fed
when in bloom -- but I should hope it would be obvious that 9 months is way
too long to go without feeding! esp. when the plant is putting out so much
energy making all those flowers.

Congrats on your successes!

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"molli" wrote in message

I've had a Baldans Kaleidoscope in bloom for nine months now. I had cut

the
original spikes to have them rebloom, which they did, and then it sent out
two NEW spikes also. Now one of the original is branching yet again all

on
its own. Plant looks good, 6 firm leaves, good roots. Is it ok to let it
keep blooming its little heart out? or should I cut the spikes and rest

it?
My other Kaleidoscope that I was 'resting' is sending out new spikes
too.....it rested for about 5 weeks before it started sending up a new
spike. I don't want to kill them!
--
Hugs,
Molli