Old 19-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Jim Lewis

Default Last frost

"WiGard" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:16:38 +0000, Crystal wrote:

When is the average last frost where you are? When I lived in

Portland,
everyone believed that the last frost was always on Tax Day,

April 15! Is
this a saying anywhere else? Now I live in Northern

California, where
there's never any frost. Not in my corner of it, at least.

Dreaming of springtime,
Crystal Bucher

The USDA has all kinds of charts with average last frost dates.

Why ask?

She's prolly just curious about us. In Tallahassee it is March
16, but we had a doozie on April 12 last year.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.