Old 20-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Judi9000

Default Help Again Please-You Guys Are Awesome!

At the end of last summer I bought some baby koi out of the feeder tanks at Pet
Smart. Along with the koi came lots of parasites(ich, anchor worms, etc.). I
brought the fish inside for about 3 wks. until it looked like the parasites
were gone. They were fine all winter until last week when the temperatures
rose. (I'm in Bakersfield, CA). Anyway, there are already new signs of ich!
Since I've been reading posts on this site regarding salt, the use of salt and
parasites, I'm not really sure what to do now. Do I use meds with salt? Will
salt really kill ich? Should I start treating now or wait until it's warmer?
Should I net the fish with spots and give them salt dips? Thanks for your help.
Judi

FYI-When I told the manager at Pet Smart what happened she GAVE me over a
hundred dollars in medication, loaned me a hundred gal tank, and gave me a
hundred dollar gift card to replace the dead guys! I'm sure now that it doesn't
hurt to ask. I've also learned a hard lesson!