Old 20-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Katra

Default Grapes

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

Hotwire?
You mean electric wires?
Is it legal?
Is it safe? I have small children.
Where can I find out about it (or get it)?

Any home store...
Lowe's, Home Depot, I got mine at tractor supply.

And yes, it's legal as long as you post them well with the signs that
come with the kit!

Warn your children. I guarantee you that they will only touch them once
or twice if they refuse to listen.

I know that sounds awful, but hot wires are not deadly. Just a good
deterrent.

I had a neighbor that had to string some to keep his rottweilers in the
yard. His 2 year old son did get zapped twice, but that was it. He
learned not to touch them and the wire just stings. It is high voltage
but low in Amperage so it does not kill. Just smarts.

It is an excellent deer deterrent. About the only thing that does work,
and it's cheap.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,