Old 21-02-2004, 04:30 AM
escapee

Default weeping pussy willow

On 20 Feb 2004 21:29:31 GMT, ospam (Yngver) opined:

I just bought a small (about two ft. tall) weeping pussy willow at Franks. From
what I've seen online, it seems these are created by grafting. The directions
say to keep it indoors until the weather gets warm and then it can be planted
or moved outside. Is there anything else I should know? Since it was made by
grafting the weeping branches to the trunk, will it get taller, or will the
branches just keep growing (I know these need to be pruned when they get too
long).

For the most part, these are novelty items, usually sold for Mother's Day along
with other specialty or novelty items. I don't believe you will have a hardy
specimen. The union is not all that good, and they are fussy...from what I can
tell with the feedback I hear. If you leave it in a pot, it should continue to
grow and the weeping branches can reach the ground. It does look pretty. It's
just not practical.