Old 21-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Doug Lassiter

Default dillo dirt top-dressing -- when?

(Doug Lassiter) wrote in message . com...
Dillo dirt on established, healthy but not immaculate St. Augustine,
Central Austin. When this spring should I do it? Seems a little early
now, but I'd like to get it spread before I expect lots of growth.
What dressing thickness should I budget for? I want to do it well,
but not bury the lawn. Also, I had the misfortune (long ago) of
getting several yards of the stuff that was full of big chunks of
wood. Fine for beds, but not for the lawn. So recommendations on good
quality/price including delivery would be appreciated.

Gee. Didn't think this one was that hard. A previous post in the fall
said "now is a good time", and if not then, then springtime. Yeah, I
get that. I was wondering about a little more precision. I'll go with
late March, and get some holes in the ground before that.