Old 22-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Bob

Default Building a paddle boat dock

Hi Sam, if you look at my link below you can see how I constructed mine using
PVC and concrete pilings. The dock is 5' wide and 16' long. If your pond is
full then it wil be a little harder but using a piece of 2 by 6 lumber over the
top of the piling and a sledge while standing on a ladder should allow you to
drive it in the ground. Mine are about 15 inches in the ground and then filled
with concrete after putting a couple of pieces of rebar in them. I put the
frame on it prior to filling them as I didn't want to have to drill through
hardened concrete. Use galvanized lag bolts 8 inches long to go through the 2
by 8 lumber for the frame. It is extremely sturdy and I never have to worry
about it rotting out. Good luck and your post was perfectly fine here. I have
3 ponds 1200 gallons in the greenhouse 7500 gallons and 325,851 gallons (approx
at full pool) outside.

Bob

Sam Hopkins wrote:

Hi Everyone,

This year I wanted to put a dock on my pond for my paddle boat. I was
going to buy one of those prefab ones but then I thought, where's the fun
at! Does anyone know even where I should begin? It would have to be at least
12' long and 3-4' wide.

-- Check out my homepage: http://home.hiwaay.net/~n4bk/index.htm