Old 23-02-2004, 02:40 AM
RichToyBox

Default how much oxygen is enough for a pond?

There can never be too much oxygen in a pond. The one true test of whether
you have at least the minimum is to look at the fish first thing in the
morning. Between the algae and other submerged plants consuming oxygen
overnight and the fish consuming oxygen the oxygen level is its lowest and
the fish will be gasping at the surface if there is not enough. I use a
large air pump with air stones to increase the oxygen level in my ponds.
--
RichToyBox

"noone" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a 4,000 gallon pond with a waterfall, which provides some

oxygenation. I
have been told that I need substantially more oxygenation.
Can anyone tell me how much is enough....is there a thing as TOO MUCH?
My fish load is pretty heavy but my essential water quality numbers are

great.
Thanks, in advance.
Happy ponding.
George