Old 24-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Yngver

Default weeping pussy willow

escapee wrote:

For the most part, these are novelty items, usually sold for Mother's Day
along
with other specialty or novelty items. I don't believe you will have a hardy
specimen. The union is not all that good, and they are fussy...from what I
can
tell with the feedback I hear. If you leave it in a pot, it should continue
grow and the weeping branches can reach the ground. It does look pretty.
It's
just not practical.

Thanks for the info. I like pussy willows but don't have room for a regular one
in our yard, with everything else I've planted over the years. I did plan on
keeping this in a container. When you say it's not hardy, you mean it's better
to overwinter it indoors?