Old 25-02-2004, 07:12 PM
The Watcher

Default recommendations for tomatoes in Missouri

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:29:17 GMT, Dawn wrote:

In field trials by the University of Missouri, these cultivars did well,'BHN
543', 'Florida 91', 'HMX 0800' and 'Mountain Fresh' . This would seem to
indicate that your area is conducive to the more heat tolerant varieties
normally associated with Florida and the Southwest.

and

I'm just south of the Missouri state line, in Harrison, Arkansas. The best
tasting variety of tomato I've raised so far is Black Krim. It does

well in this
area. Doesn't produce as many tomatoes as some other varieties, but

the taste is
the best.

All right, sounds good to me. Where do I find these? Somehow they don't
sound like varieties I have ever seen for sale around here.

Had to check my supply of seed. If you send your address to me at
I can send you some.