Old 25-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Lee B.

Default Koi Breeding Idear

You would probably do better by adding some spawning media to the pond, and
removing it to the veggie filter as soon as "the deed is done". String mop
heads, nylon rope that has been untwisted to make a fuzzy mess (secure one
end first, though) and similar things can be used to encourage breeding.
Once the spawn is over, promptly remove the media to a safe area. Your
chances of survivors will be greatly enhanced.

Caveat: be careful what you wish for - you may get it G!

Lee

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
OK, so I was thinking...Jim made the interesting point that with my pond
full of minnows, I probably have slim to no chance of my Koi/Goldfish from
pulling off a spawning. So I was thinking, what if I moved some Koi to the
VF? It's shallow, only 18 inches deep or so. I was thinking they could

spawn
in the VF, and then I'll move them back...and...uh...this is just
stupid...forget it.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com