Old 26-02-2004, 01:28 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Koi Breeding Idear

"Lee B." wrote in message
You would probably do better by adding some spawning media to the pond,

and
removing it to the veggie filter as soon as "the deed is done". String mop
heads, nylon rope that has been untwisted to make a fuzzy mess (secure one
end first, though) and similar things can be used to encourage breeding.
Once the spawn is over, promptly remove the media to a safe area. Your
chances of survivors will be greatly enhanced.

snip

I think this year, I may just let it all be. I am sure I will be very busy
with getting the VF jump started, the leaves pulled out, etc. And then there
is that slow leak in the stream. As much as I like to, I just don't have the
time to play surrogate spawner. LOL.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com