Old 27-02-2004, 03:36 AM
J Fortuna

Default Pollinating phalaenopsis

Mick,
Wouldn't that be considered murder here at RGO? What would be the
appropriate penalty for deliberate orchid murder?
Joanna

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
Dustin,

Pollinate 6 flowers. If they all "take" then remove 4 and keep the best

two
pods. Overloading a plant with pods will kill it.... unless of course you
don't care about the survival of the host plant (which I have done on more
than one occasion for the sake of producing multiple pods).

Mick Fournier
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

"Dustin" wrote in message
Hello, I have been trying to find some good sources of information on
pollinating phalaenopsis. I havent had much luck online though.
I was wondering how many flowers on a spike one can pollinate? Can you
pollinate too many?

Does anyone have any pointers for me on pollinating phal. species? I
already selfed a couple of plants and I am noticing some changes in the
flowers already. I just dont want to kill the plants or anything.

Thanks
Dustin