Old 28-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Hal

Default Electric lawn mowers: do they cut it?

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:52:00 GMT, "feRRets_inc"
wrote:

I am considering purchasing a lawn mower and the new generation of electric
battery-powered mowers have caught my attention. My question is are they
worth considering? My primary concern is do these electric mowers have
sufficient power? What other issues are there to consider? Pros, Cons.

I'd consider them a step down from a $200 gas mower from Lowe's. If
you don't have the strength to crank a gasoline mower they can be of
value, but it takes some getting used to. The cutting width on mine
was more narrow and although it cut most grass adequately, a patch of
heavy bahaia was a pain. The blade needs to be kept sharp, but I
didn't have to worry about oil seeping into the cylinder through the
valves when I turned it over to take off the blade for sharpening.

Regards,

Hal