Old 28-02-2004, 08:02 PM
madgardener

Default Peepers!!!!!

Well it's that time again. Came home this early afternoon from a nice
brunch with Squire while he's in town this weekend, and son to discover the
surrounding land is with the passionate throbs and trills of the PEEPERS!!!

Beautiful sunny day today smelling of the oncoming Spring. The snows are
almost all gone, hints of it's presence are still evident on the floor of
the surrounding woods beneath the trees and on the northern sides of houses
and what not. More crocuses in the western bed under the lilac are open
like colorful little bird mouths gaping at the sunlight above them. They
will all close in the late afternoon to hold tight against the cool evenings
in chance that they can open a few more days before they fade into papery
thin remnants.

To me, the coming of spring has many signs, but one of the truest ones I
have learned since living here is the sounds of love surrounding me. The
sounds of Peepers.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36