Old 28-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Chris Wilson

Default Electric lawn mowers: do they cut it?

"feRRets_inc" wrote in message
G'day

I am considering purchasing a lawn mower and the new generation of

electric
battery-powered mowers have caught my attention. My question is are they
worth considering? My primary concern is do these electric mowers have
sufficient power? What other issues are there to consider? Pros, Cons.

Thanks for reading
Dave

I've had a flymo (but one with the wheels) for about 6 years. It cuts lawn
fine It will struggle with very thick, strong and long grass such as buffalo
or couch that's been left too long. When that happens, I'd usually have to
do it twice, once on high and then again on the normal height setting.

They're very reliable, virtually zero maintenance, and best of all quiet.
And the noise they do make stops the moment you let go of the handle.
They're also light and easy to manoeuvre. And they always start. Of course,
you do need an IQ of 50 to avoid running over the cable.

Good for small to medium size lawns.

Chris W