Old 28-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Tom Randy

Default Q. on moisture meters

Venetian Ventriloquist wrote:

Moisture meters like the one you have purchased are notoriously
unreliable. Throw it away and use your finger instead.

You probably think I'm being an arrogant asshole, but after a month or
so of trying to use your meter you will find I was correct.

Megan Milligan wrote:
i recently bought a moisture meter to monitor my plants' watering (i have
all container gardens). what is the best place to stick the moisture
meter
stick in the pot: close to the edge, close to the plant, halfway in
between
the plant & the edge of the pot? the instructions on the moisture meter
covered everything but that particular topic.

I have to agree but don't feel too bad, I bought one years ago myself.

Use your finger or a toothpick.

Tom