Old 28-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Megan Milligan

Default Q. on moisture meters

i recently bought a moisture meter to monitor my plants' watering (i have
all container gardens). what is the best place to stick the moisture meter
stick in the pot: close to the edge, close to the plant, halfway in between
the plant & the edge of the pot? the instructions on the moisture meter
covered everything but that particular topic.

--
Megan Milligan

http://www.desertrosemusings.com (some parts still under construction)

Old 28-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Venetian Ventriloquist

Moisture meters like the one you have purchased are notoriously
unreliable. Throw it away and use your finger instead.

You probably think I'm being an arrogant asshole, but after a month or
so of trying to use your meter you will find I was correct.

Old 28-02-2004, 08:02 PM
MC

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:34:32 -0800, Megan Milligan wrote:

i recently bought a moisture meter to monitor my plants' watering (i have
all container gardens). what is the best place to stick the moisture meter
stick in the pot: close to the edge, close to the plant, halfway in between
the plant & the edge of the pot? the instructions on the moisture meter
covered everything but that particular topic.

Wow, people actually buy those things?
Old 28-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Tom Randy

Megan Milligan wrote:
i recently bought a moisture meter to monitor my plants' watering (i have
all container gardens). what is the best place to stick the moisture
meter
stick in the pot: close to the edge, close to the plant, halfway in
between
the plant & the edge of the pot? the instructions on the moisture meter
covered everything but that particular topic.

I have to agree but don't feel too bad, I bought one years ago myself.

Use your finger or a toothpick.

Tom