Old 28-02-2004, 10:28 PM
jklewis

Default [IBC] Leaves with black tips

That doesn't really answer my question about black tips...
I know it should be outside, and I know it should be without its leaves.
It was bought for me about a week ago and the store owners obviously grew it
indoors.
I do put it outside during the day quite often, and while it is indoors I
keep the humidity elevated and give it artificial light. Other than the
black tips on the leaves it is doing well and growing a lot, getting very
bushy, which is what I'm aiming for.

I really would not worry about it. In fact, as soon as you have weather that is OK for it to be outside, I'd dose it good with a balanced fertilizer, then I'd think of a complete defoliation and let the tree start over. Chances are good you won't have a
black tip problem.

The tree likely is unhappy at low light, low humidity, and being forced to have leaves when it shouldn't. It will take at least one calendar year for this tree to get its equilibrium back. Until then, I wouldn't be surprised at any kind of odd behaviour.

Jim Lewis - Tallahassee, FL

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++