Old 28-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Chris Wilson

Default Rabbits, chewing, and planting saplings

I am intending planting about 200 leylandii saplings, each about 2 foot
tall to delineate a boundary. We have a wild rabbit problem and similar
saplings put in about 4 years ago had the protection of rabbit fencing.
This has been removed now, and already some bark damage is evident to
the original, fairly well established plants. The size of the area makes
control difficult. What is the best means of physically protecting the
new saplings from nibbling damage? As we are talking a couple of hundred
plants cost is a major issue. Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Chris.