Old 29-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Luke

Default Line drop out problem.

Yeah the T200 is well known for sending a pulse down the line which charges
the phone's internal memory, old panasonic cordless phones can do the same
as well. The pulse that is sent is interpretted by the modem as a
disconnection signal and will hang up your connection.

Luke

"Stephen R Jones" wrote in message
Hi,

Possibly if you have a telstra t200 (i think or t300) handset on the same
line as your modem you could disconnect the handset from your phone

service
while on the internet. I heard once it had something to do with charging

the
phones up while connected and causes lines to drop out.
However, I have no idea if this is true or not.

Jonesey