Old 29-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Lar

Default sand burrs in my yard

In article , says...
How can I kill these sand burrs, and still get grass to grow out there?
Should I just plant the grass again in the spring and hope it's strong
enough to survive whatever I need to do to kill the burrs (which
generally come up starting in the middle of summer I guess)
Any particular product to use? I can't use a heavy chemical tank
sprayer on top of my drain field or it will bust it all up I'm told..
Any Clues??
Again, thanks in advance from a total newbee..

The spurs are the seeds of the plant. Regular mowing before they have the
chance to go to seed can make a big difference. Applying a pre emergence in
the area can also keep last years seed from germinating, usually needing to
be done twice a year. Using sod rather than grass seed may help establish a
turf quicker too.
but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!