Old 29-02-2004, 03:34 PM
madgardener

Default Peepers!!!!!

hey John! I'm over here east of you in Dandridge, and I already have
crocuses and some early daffs. And my Hellebore are starting to bud up
nicely. I found my first official Hellebore blossom in full glory just
before our snow Thursday. I bet with the temperatures they're predicting
today, you'll hear the peepers!
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36
"John McGaw" wrote in message
.. .

Nary a peep from either peepers (grey tree frogs for those who don't have
them) or crickets yet. Haven't even seen any of the normall-numerous
five-line skinks on their favorite sunning spot on the wall out back either
.. Guess the sporadic late snow and freezing temperatures in Knoxville are
holding everything back a bit and everything is still holed up under the
leaf mould in the woods. But the crocuses have been blooming despite it all,
the Mahonia is blooming and attracting the early bees, and the hyacinths and
daffodils should be blooming in a couple of weeks. The nightly chorus can't
be too far behind.

--

John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]