Old 29-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Leaves with black tips

That doesn't really answer my question about black tips...
I know it should be outside, and I know it should be without its leaves.
It was bought for me about a week ago and the store owners obviously grew
it
indoors.

But probably in a greenhouse, where the tree had high light and high
relative humidity.

It's hard to know what's wrong with a tree being grown under radically
incorrect conditions. The best guess is that the black tips have
something to do with faulty transpiration. Your maple is getting low
light and low relative humidity, so the stomates aren't opening as much as
they should, and when they do, they'll experience dramatically high
transpiration levels.

There's nothing to do but wait for spring.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++