Old 29-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Michael Moss

Default sand burrs in my yard

Hal wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:32:09 -0600, Michael Moss
wrote:

How can I kill these sand burrs, and still get grass to grow out there?

Water heavy and use a bagger mower often. Most poor lawns are poor
because they don't get enough water and sandspurs grow faster than
the grass on less water. Give the lawn plenty of water and the grass
grows and the sandspur grows a little taller and mowing takes up the
seed in the lawn mower bagger.

Regards,

Hal

Thanks Hal, bagging is not an option, lawn is approx. 200'X 200' and I
use an old 1968 cub cadet with no bagger.... I water daily giving each
area 1/2 hour to 45 min. of water that I pump out of the lake out front,
but as the soil is extremely sandy, it dries within an hour of being
totally saturated, I don't have enough time in a day... ;-)

--
Mikey Luvs Ya!!
http://personalpages.tds.net/~kyakmike/