Old 29-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Michael Moss

Default sand burrs in my yard

Lar wrote:

The spurs are the seeds of the plant. Regular mowing before they have the
chance to go to seed can make a big difference. Applying a pre emergence in
the area can also keep last years seed from germinating, usually needing to
be done twice a year. Using sod rather than grass seed may help establish a
turf quicker too.

Thanks Lar, just what is a "pre emergence" and where might I get some?
I see weed be gone in the local fleet farm store, but that's about it...
and would pre emergence prevent me from planting new grass seed??
I looked into sod last year and it's Way out of my budget.. also looked
into that new stuff that they spray on with seed, mulch, feed, ect all
mixed together, but still way too much money to cover a large field..
Thanks again.

--
Mikey Luvs Ya!!
http://personalpages.tds.net/~kyakmike/