Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Koi Breeding Idear

I think this year, I may just let it all be. I am sure I will be very busy
with getting the VF jump started, the leaves pulled out, etc. And then there
is that slow leak in the stream. As much as I like to, I just don't have the
time to play surrogate spawner. LOL.
BV.

Wise man. When I want babies I put in a few water hyacinths during "that
time of the year" and it works like an aphrodisiac on my koi. They usually
spawn in 12 hours, I just have to remove it quick enough before they eat
eggs & hyacinths.

Btw, I've only done this once, finding homes for all the babies was almost
impossible, but EVERYONE should go through this once, RIGHT?!!!!!

I love the fish having kids, but have found more satisfaction, less work,
plus worth money or store credit, in breeding my fantail goldfish. ~ jan