Old 01-03-2004, 11:46 PM
WillA WillA is offline
Registered User

Default Grafting Apricots

Hi,

I have an Apriocot tree(Morrpark) it is currently flowering so I am trying to pollinate it using camel hair brush etc.... where are the insects when you need them?

I am rather hoping fruit will be produced. If they are I would like to try and propegate grow from seed to tree. It may seem a bit premature but I would like to try grafting and have a few of questiions

Why are fruit trees often grafted, is it to control size?

Why does there seem to be no suppliers of St Julien A rootstock on the web in the UK?

Will