Old 02-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Frank

Default tulip, hyacinth and crocus after flower

Dear All,

I have three pot plants, a tulip, a hyacinth and a crocus, all in 4"
pots. I place them together in a long plastic tray because they three
bloom at about the same time. Now the flowers are pretty much gone.
What can I do with them? Should I cut the leaves and keep the bulbs
somewhere cool and dark for next year's bloom?

Also, this morning, when I moved the tray, I dropped the tulip pot.
The plastic pot broke and had a big long crack at the bottom. Lots of
roots are exposed. Should I cut these roots and "heal" the pot since
the tulip season is almost done anyway? Or replant tulip to a new pot?

Thanks a lot,
Tiff