Old 02-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Frank

Default tulip, hyacinth and crocus after flower

Dear All,

I have three pot plants, a tulip, a hyacinth and a crocus, all in 4"
pots. I place them together in a long plastic tray because they three
bloom at about the same time. Now the flowers are pretty much gone.
What can I do with them? Should I cut the leaves and keep the bulbs
somewhere cool and dark for next year's bloom?

Also, this morning, when I moved the tray, I dropped the tulip pot.
The plastic pot broke and had a big long crack at the bottom. Lots of
roots are exposed. Should I cut these roots and "heal" the pot since
the tulip season is almost done anyway? Or replant tulip to a new pot?

Thanks a lot,
Tiff
Old 02-03-2004, 02:19 AM
tmtresh

Replant the tulip. Don't cut the leaves until they die back. The bulb needs
the leaves to replenish itself. The bulbs won't continually bloom if you
keep cutting the leaves back. After the leaves die back (dry up and turn
brown), trim them off, then dig up the bulb to store for next year.

om...