Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Honeysuckle won't bloom

Thank you, Mleblanca! I posted my questions on another thread because
I did not yet have an answer and I'm going to the nursery today. Your
answers were wonderful! I'm going to look for some trailing
nasturtium.

On 02 Mar 2004 17:34:42 GMT, (MLEBLANCA) wrote:

In article ,

writes:

And yet another question: I'm trying to find a vine that I can
control and put in a flower box with trellis, but there's nothing
small enough that I can find in the stores. Any suggestions?

Annual vines work well in this situation.
They grow easily and quickly from seed.
trailing Nasturtium
Black eyed Susan (Thunbergia)
Morning Glory
Cardinal Climber
Canary Bird Flower (Tropaeolum peregrinum)
Runner Bean
Mina lobata
Sweet Pea
Select Seeds has plants of some of these.

Perennial: Clematis ??
bougainvillea (maybe too large in Fla. ?)
Jasminum sambac: Arabian Jasmine, Pikake
Hardenbergia
(I find most perennial vines get very large quckly in my climate.)

Emilie
NorCal