Old 02-03-2004, 09:33 PM
tbell

Default How long for phal to branch-spike, if it will?

I like that, Ray. Here, I thought I was a funny kind of bipolar, but now
I understand that it's all triggered by my orchids.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

From: "Ray"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:41:57 -0500
Subject: How long for phal to branch-spike, if it will?

See that? The key to successful orchid growing is to alternate between
ignoring the suckers and obsessing over them.

During the obsessive stage, they get uppity and are like a little kid that
won't eat their peas. So you ignore them and they finally give up and
respond. (Which, of course, throws us back into the obsessive stage)

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Joe S" wrote in message
Ray wrote:

Might be a few weeks, might be next year. Might not branch at all.

It's
not a universal constant.

Well, a very funny thing (to me) happened...on Saturday I looked up and

the
darned thing had a little branch about 1/16" coming out of the old spike.

It's
gotten a tad bigger over the last couple of days, and it appears my wish

has
been granted.

How about that for timing? Could it be a "sign"?

Joe