Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default New Lawn please

"Seamore" wrote in message
om...
Come this summer I intend to reclaim an area of about 5mtr x 20mtr of
overgrown and rubbish strewn land. I am going to turn it into a lawn
for ease of future maintenence.

Why do you think lawn is easy to maintain? You have to mow, water, weed and
fertilise it. Lawns are one of the most labour intensive and resource
hungry uses of the land.

If you want to save your time turn the area into a low maintenance garden
with a range of shrubs, perenials and ground covers, of a suitable size,
that suit your soil and climate. If it is well set up (including heavy
mulch) you should have very little work to do through the year for many
years.

Has enyone any first hand knowledge of doing this. Or tips on same.
Also basic proceadure to accomplish the job. Any help gratefully
recieved.

Can't help here but I have considerable experience getting rid of lawn!

David