Old 04-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Ray

Default Fungus and Such Questions

OK, first question: are you sure you're dealing with a fungus infestation?

Cinnamon and alcohol is a better fungus killer than neem, but neem is a
great preventive measure.

Vinegar is a great herbicide. Do you really want to apply it to plants????

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Shell" wrote in message
m...
I've lost at least three plants since spraying with alcohol and cinnamon.
All the plants that look affected are in quarantine and I plan on spraying
all the plants. I looked for physan but couldn't find it anywhere around
here. My local Lowe's had neem oil and orange guard so I got a bottle of
both. I've also heard of spraying plants with vinegar and may try that

too.

Also I want to switch potting mediums to either lava rock or one of the
hydroponic type mediums, hence the questions below.

1: Just how effective is neem oil for getting rid of fungus and stuff like
brown rot ?

2: Does anyone have any experience with orange guard?

3: Anyone tried the vinegar spray?

4: and lastly if I switch to lava rock can I buy the landscaping lava and
break it into smaller pieces or do I need to spend gobs of money on

ordering
the special hydroponics type media?

Shell