Old 04-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Fungus and Such Questions

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:20:38 GMT, "Shell"
wrote:
One of my friends says plain old peroxide
straight out of the bottle works well. I think she got the idea fom Alan
Koch.

I have heard of using peroxide and even plain old clorox in the water to get
rid of molds in media but I'm not too sure I want to try that yet.

Thanks for all the information. Hopefully I will have everything taken care
of this weekend.

Shell

For Crown Rot in a Phal. one of the attempted cures is to water
the plant with hydrogen peroxide from WalMart's pharmacy. It is
cheap. It destroys (hopefully) the rot before the peroxide
breaks down. I have used it on a fairly small plant. It kept it
alive with one leaf long enough for a keiki to develop.

Clorox is used to wash walls and kill snails and algae on
walkways. I would not put it on a plant I wanted to live. That
is not saying a mild enough solution could not be found to be
beneficial... just I would not use it.

SuE