Old 05-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Otavio Exel

Default Removing algae w/ interdental brush

I have a nasty filamentous algae growing in my tank; I've bought an
"interdental brush"[1] to clean the small leaves; all of a sudden I
realized that perhaps it carries some chemical stuff that's good for
teeth but bad for fish :-O

what would be a good way to clean it of chemical stuff?
it's plastic so boiling is ruled out..

RedForeman ©® wrote:

maybe a bit of bleach, diluted to maybe a 5 to 1 ratio?? If not, maybe
some kind of rubbing alky??? just a guess..

Hi RedForeman,

Sounds like good advice. thanks!

Now let me tell you the silly idea I had while reading your post:

Whatever is there was probably programmed to vanish after a week or
so of regular use in order to force you to buy a new brush, don't you
agree? So, perhaps I should just brush my teeth with it for a week!
:-)))

many thanks!

--
Otavio Exel /\oo/\