Old 05-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Otavio Exel

Default Removing algae w/ interdental brush

note: I've posted this message 2 months ago to r.a.f.misc and got zero
replies :-(( I hope you plant experts have some advice for me..

Hello All,

I have a nasty filamentous algae growing in my tank; I've bought an
"interdental brush"[1] to clean the small leaves; all of a sudden I
realized that perhaps it carries some chemical stuff that's good for
teeth but bad for fish :-O

what would be a good way to clean it of chemical stuff?
it's plastic so boiling is ruled out..

TIA!

[1] not the same brand but very much like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/36qb6

--
Otavio Exel /\oo/\
Old 05-03-2004, 04:34 AM
RedForeman ©®

maybe a bit of bleach, diluted to maybe a 5 to 1 ratio?? If not, maybe some
kind of rubbing alky??? just a guess..

note: I've posted this message 2 months ago to r.a.f.misc and got zero
replies :-(( I hope you plant experts have some advice for me..

Hello All,

I have a nasty filamentous algae growing in my tank; I've bought an
"interdental brush"[1] to clean the small leaves; all of a sudden I
realized that perhaps it carries some chemical stuff that's good for
teeth but bad for fish :-O

what would be a good way to clean it of chemical stuff?
it's plastic so boiling is ruled out..

TIA!

[1] not the same brand but very much like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/36qb6

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!!

==========================
2003 TRX450ES
1992 TRX-350 XX (For Sale)
1987 TRX250R (sold)
1987 CBR600 Hurricane (sold)
1987 VFR700 Interceptor (sold)
1995 TRX300ex (sold)
2000 CBR600F4 silver/red (sold) *sniff*sniff*
'98 Tacoma Ext Cab 4X4 Lifted....
==========================
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

If you do send me unsolicited e-mail I will proof-read it at a rate
of $100 per hour (4 hour minimum).

Old 05-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Otavio Exel

RedForeman ©® wrote:

maybe a bit of bleach, diluted to maybe a 5 to 1 ratio?? If not, maybe
some kind of rubbing alky??? just a guess..

Hi RedForeman,

Sounds like good advice. thanks!

Now let me tell you the silly idea I had while reading your post:

Whatever is there was probably programmed to vanish after a week or
so of regular use in order to force you to buy a new brush, don't you
agree? So, perhaps I should just brush my teeth with it for a week!
:-)))

many thanks!

--
Otavio Exel /\oo/\