Old 05-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Rob Halgren

Default AOS forum down

tennis maynard wrote:

Anyone got the inside scoop in the AOS forum being down all week?
There is no webpage work that could take more than a few hours.I
wonder what the problem REALLY is? I sent them a note, but of course
they haven't replied.

Well, that isn't entirely true... I've done webpage work that takes
weeks. But it is usually more acceptable to do that on a development
machine, and leave the 'live server' alone until you are done. I bet
they are having hardware problems. I doubt they have a lot of
resources, so if a disk drive goes down, or they get seriously hacked,
they will probably have a significant down period.

It is frustrating when you are used to instant results all the time...
The web is a pretty reliable these days, but it doesn't take much to
remember a time when it wasn't.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit