Old 05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Greg Dalton

Default RECLAIMING A TANK FROM ALGAE

Started out with a moderately planted tank ...all was well....

Started getting some algae and thought it looked cool on the rocks ....

Then water sprites formed and then (admittedly) I let it go
uncontrolled...The result if a virtual blanket of deep green algae
covering everything...

I want to clear or limit this algae....My fish have loved the pond like
space but the algae is covering and killing plants...

What steps should be taken to reclaim the environment....Nutrients,CO2,
temp control?,manual removal(seems like the first step here), ....

Thanks,

Greg

p.s.And I do mean a DEEP Covering of algae....