Old 05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Greg Dalton

Default RECLAIMING A TANK FROM ALGAE

Started out with a moderately planted tank ...all was well....

Started getting some algae and thought it looked cool on the rocks ....

Then water sprites formed and then (admittedly) I let it go
uncontrolled...The result if a virtual blanket of deep green algae
covering everything...

I want to clear or limit this algae....My fish have loved the pond like
space but the algae is covering and killing plants...

What steps should be taken to reclaim the environment....Nutrients,CO2,
temp control?,manual removal(seems like the first step here), ....

Thanks,

Greg

p.s.And I do mean a DEEP Covering of algae....
Old 06-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Phil

I'm by no means an expert here but here's what I've done in the past with
this one. I bought some otos, left the lights off for a 2 days just
illuminating with room light, reduced feeding amounts so they will turn to
the algae as food. Over the next few days gradually increase the amount of
light time until you're back to normal again. This should greatly reduce
your algae to a controllable amount.

Let me know how it turns out,

Phil..

Reclaiming wasteland Phenz Lawns 0 16-06-2011 02:30 PM
Toward food sovereignty: Reclaiming autonomous food systems [pdf] Bill who putters Edible Gardening 9 04-06-2010 09:41 PM
Reclaiming a Tree From Ivy Treers Gardening 3 15-11-2004 11:36 PM
Algae free fish tank vs Algae fish tank -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 23-10-2003 03:03 AM